"Yoga in Psychotherapy" NEWS: **FREE Monthly Teleconferencing
MORE NEWS: NASW (National Association of Social Workers, Ma. Chapter) Publishes Joann's CEU Course, "Bringing Yoga into Social Work Practice." See course reviews, below.
**FREE Monthly Teleconferencing
Supervision/Consultation Group begins Monday, September 22, 7-8 p.m. EST. Details to follow.
German Alps, Site of May, 2015 Professional Training.
UPCOMING TRAININGS: 12 CEUs for Mental Health Professionals, Nurses, Yoga Instructors.
SPECIAL OFFER: Free 50 min. consultation/supervision upon completion of training. $100 value.
See "Upcoming Professional Trainings" Page for more information.
What is Trauma-Informed Yoga?
Unresolved trauma disrupts the smooth functioning of the nervous system and puts the individual in an unbalanced state of fight, flight or freeze, unable to connect with and respond to present-moment situations.
This disruption can be resolved through reeducating the nervous system to resume its natural rhythmic oscillation, the small "dance" between activation and relaxation. Classic yoga excels in reestablishing this flow.
Research has proven that bringing simple chair-based poses into the consultation room, as well as subtle breathing practices and specific relaxation techniques, offers the client powerful yet simple tools to relearn nervous system balance and emotional health. (See p. 6 of this website for more research results.)
In Trauma-informed Yoga(TM), yoga's regulating elements have been emphasized and simplified to easily integrate with varied mental health or healthcare interventions.
In this program, yoga teachers, mental health, and healthcare professionals receive the training and practice they need to confidently add these interventions to their work, both with individual clients and groups. It also trains practitioners in self-care!
COURSE REVIEWS (as reported by Jonas Goldenberg, NASW-MA. staff):
- Loved this.
- Interesting topic, well presented. Lots of specific suggestions for practice.
- Joann is very impressive with her level of knowledge and integration of yoga and clinical practice.
- Very knowledgeable - a well-researched writer.
- Very interesting and thought-provoking.
- Thank you. I have been a yoga instructor for 35 years, as well as a LICSW for also that amount of time. I appreciate that Joann has taken the time to create a program to bring these important practices to our social work colleagues. She did a great job!
- This was an excellent CE, which interested me as a long-time yoga practitioner!
- I thought this was a really great informative class.
- Good introduction to this multi-faceted topic
- This was an incredibly informative article and the 1st time I've read something that really helped me begin to understand the positive outcomes of yoga practice.
Weekend workshop includes:
More Info on Upcoming Trainings:
For mental health professionals, healthcare professionals, caregivers, yoga instructors and students and the general public. 12 CEUs available. Credits are available for yoga instructors, from the Yoga Alliance; Psychologists, Social Workers, Marriage ad Family Therapists, Addictions Counselors, Licensed Mental Health Counselors and Nurses.
Provincetown, Cape Cod Bike Trail
SPECIAL OFFER: Anyone registering for the course will receive a free 50-min. telephone consultation with Joann ($100 value, which counts toward Certification). Alumni who refer a participant will also receive the free consultation.
$25 fee for all CEUs. Yoga Alliance credit available.
CERTIFICATION PROGRAM: A Certification will be awarded to individuals who complete the foundational training program (at least 12 hours), receive a minimum of 6 individual supervision sessions from Joann, and document their work. Monthly teleconferences will also be offered if registration is sufficient. See "Registration and Payment" page.
See "Registration & Payment" page of this website.
For more information about these courses, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-586-6384.